Health & Well-being6th February 2016
Deaf Nest Event - Together Towards Tomorrow
A Deaf accessible conference focusing on the needs of Deaf parents to be
The Deaf Nest Conference - Together Towards Tomorrow, is the only conference that recognises the needs of Deaf parents to be. The conference is being held in the dynamic city of London at the Kingston University on 1st of March 2016. The vibrant programme offers a range of attractions including fabulous speakers and presentations, art displays, raffle tickets, interactive activities, service users personal accounts, a Deaf Nest dilemma debate and more, allowing particpants to reflect on their personal and professional development.
Why should you attend?
- The vibrant programme offers a range of presentations exploring different dimensions of deafness.
- Receive a beautiful patterned canvas goody bag full of useful gadgets and resources.
- Hear from high-profile speakers, experts in deafness and Deaf service users themselves.
- Network with other professionals, share knowledge and experiences and reflect on current practices with fellow health care professionals.
- Gain and update your knowledge about maternity care provision to Deaf parents.
- Be inspired by truly emotional stories from our speakers.
- Gain an even greater insight into your profession by becoming Deaf aware.
This event is BSL accessible with interpreters present through out the day.
What last year attendants said?
"Today has most definitely prompted me to think about my communication practice as a professional. I feel much more aware of how I would possibly be able to promote communication needs and to provide a holistic and individualised care to deaf parents on their journey into parenthood."
"It has really opened my eyes and raised awareness of maternity services and the inequalities that Deaf people face when they access health services."
"I have made learning sign language as a long term goal in my personal development portfolio. I would like to increase my knowledge further."
"Informative, interesting and stories were inspirational."
How can you miss it? Book your place now at - www.deafnest.com
Article by SLFirst Lifestyle Team
posted in Deaf Lifestyle / Health & Well-being
6th February 2016